This project builds on learning from previous Oxfam in Nepal Projects that were also
implemented in the same region. Its main aim is to mitigate the risk and impact of disaster on 5
remote communities in 1 municipality, mostly comprised of remote and off the radar river basin
villages as well as urban areas highly exposed to recurring natural hazards such as floods,
landslides and drought, with high levels of poverty and vulnerability.
To help certain number of families with construction works such as construction of
dams, marking centers and others
To help with the agricultural commodities like tillers, grain bins, harvesters, fertilizers
and so on.
Installation of new irrigation equipment and manage and the existing ones.
To retain the quality of land for production of agricultural goods
To encourage people about plantation and start planting trees
Protection of assets (lands, crops, livestock)
Land which was barren from many years will be reclaimed and agricultural practice
would have been done
Time saving and easiness to the people by various agricultural equipments.
Problem of irrigation would have been solved and help in agriculture.
Upgrade the living standard of people by various livelihood support
Less migration and internal displacement of communities
Improved opportunities for women’s and youth leadership
1. Riverbank training (protecting at least 5 hectares of land from sedimentation for 20
2. Installation and/or repair of irrigation equipment (e.g. water-pumps, engine etc.)
3. Repairing and maintenance of farmer's managed irrigation schemes
4. Renovation and raising the platform for public/market centers
5. Plantation for small scale mitigation
6. Livelihood support (seeds, fertilizers and other materials)
7. Agriculture equipment support such as seeds and grain bins, tillers, harvesters and others
8. Land reclamation for flood effected communities (remove the flood sand/or use fertile
Flood Affected and Vulnerable Groups
|Environment, Climate Change and Disaster Resilience
|CRDR (Climate Resilience and disaster risk reduction)
|Oxfam in Nepal
|• To help certain number of families with construction works such as construction of dams, marking centers and others • To help with the agricultural commodities like tillers, grain bins, harvesters, fertilizers and so on. • Installation of new irrigation equipment and manage and the existing ones. • To retain the quality of land for production of agricultural goods • To encourage people about plantation and start planting trees
|Vulnerable to disasters and Poor Women
National Environment and Equity Development Society Nepal
Together for Prosperity